Thursday, August 10, 2006

Red Alert

So everyone by now knows of the terrorist plot to blow up planes from the UK to the US that was foiled this morning. Well what I did not know upon hearing this was that Doc, who was traveling abroad for work, was actually getting ready to board a plane from London to DC. The plane was obviously grounded, every passenger removed and all of their belongings with it. He sent several text messages to me this morning about being caught up in security, not understanding what was going on and how they took everything but his phone and passport. Now he is at a hotel after being at the airport for like nine hours. He believes one of his flights may have been one of the ones targeted because of the way they took everything and kept them tied up for so long with security issues. Obviously since he's not a terrorist, he was not detained or anything. Unfortunately now with limited flights heading our way and since his was canceled altogether rather than just postponed, he's stranded for the time being. Though I could argue that there are worse places than London to be stranded. I'd be making the most out of a bad situation and running all over the city.

Damn terrorists. I finally meet a man and they are trying to blow his ass up. I hope they get swift kicks in the balls from Scotland Yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger mysterygirl! said...

It's really a terrible situation. But I have to admit: I had to laugh at the "I finally meet a man and they try to blow his ass up."

3:52 PM  
Blogger d-town said...

Can you IMAGINE flying from the UK to the U.S. (or even worse, nonstop to the West Coast) with no iPod or other entertainment? I'd go batshit crazy.

I am flying back from LAX tonight on the red-eye, so hopefully the shitstorm that will be today's security lines will have largely subsided by the time I arrive tonight.

United is also claiming that you cannot take any beverage on board the plane that you buy post-security. Huh? Then you better give me more than a shot glass full of water on board, honey!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Freckled K said...

If it was his plane, he's a lucky guy (as are you). I hope he safely finds his way back to the States pronto.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?