Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Carrie Reads...Mika


Last night, I had the pleasure to attend the Mika concert at the 9:30 Club. I was somewhat familiar with Mika and a few of his songs simply because he's been a relatively hot topic in the gay community. Most people with any gaydar at all would believe he's gay. He refuses to label himself. Unlike some people, I don't care if he's gay or not. I will say though, if he isn't a homosexual, then my gaydar is incredibly fucked up.

So there I am with about 1,000 other gay men (I'd estimate 90% of the men over 18 in the audience were gay) and a few ladies and I have to say I was very impressed. I knew the songs Grace Kelly and Love Today, but even not knowing the other songs, I became an instant fan. He's energetic, terribly cute and sounds like Freddie Mercury. Queen is one of my all time favorite bands so if you love Queen, you'll probably love Mika. He is a tad Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters combined with a little Robbie Williams and a lot of Freddie Mercury. Not a terrible combination if you ask me.

My new favorite song? Big Girl. Any song about fat chicks is hot. Check out his CD, Life in Cartoon Motion on iTunes. It's currently on sale for the lower than normal price of $7.99. So it'll cost you $8 if I'm wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?