Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A New Year, A New Life

First off, Happy New Year! Here's to 2006 not being half as crazy and unfortunate as 2005!

As this year starts, I'm beginning to realize that my life is going to be a lot different from here on out. I guess for the last few months I have really been hanging on to something that isn't there anymore...something that isn't going to return. People kept telling me that it will get better with time...things won't seem so hopeless. I guess I know deep down they are right. Things truly aren't as tough as they have been. I can get through the day without crying or wanting to give up on life. I still think about him just about any second my mind isn't caught up thinking about other things like work, or friends or oh my god look at those shoes, I must have them. I'm nowhere near over it, nowhere near moved on by any stretch of the imagination...but I think I've at least taken a step in the right direction. I miss him every day. I really do. It takes every ounce of willpower I have not to call him or send him an email. But it's a new year. He's not coming back and I have accepted that. 2006 will not be a year of pouting and moping!

This weekend was pretty good. New Years always seems to be some huge ordeal...where should I go, what's going on, who's going to be there, what do I wear, god why did I eat so much over the holidays, I can't quite seem to fit in these jeans, where's the booze. And you spend so much time figuring it out that the next thing you know, it's over, you've got a massive headache and a new year has started which signals that you're going to turn another year older soon! I partied with my friends this weekend...we had fun. And on the very first night of the year, I went out again with friends and actually had a guy ask for my digits. He seems nice, is certainly cute...so we'll see. He took the digits and sent a text message later saying he was glad to have met me. :) The bitch can still work it!

Well here's to a new year. My resolution is to try to be happy...as much and as often as possible. Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?