Monday, March 06, 2006

ROBBED

Um, robbed:








Okay - so while I can sort of understand that Heath and Jake were long shots for winning the Oscar (although I really don't understand George Clooney winning over Jake), the fact that CRASH won over Brokeback really pisses me off. I have argued with everyone I know regarding the merit of Crash. I am sorry. Great subject matter - controversial, absolutely - but Oscar caliber movie? Never. You drop the "n" word a few times and that means you're Oscar worthy? Fine, I know, it's a decent movie. I just can't support it beating the other four films. Ridiculous. I could have accepted any other movie winning over Brokeback other than Crash. Brokeback, you were robbed.






Okay - so yea, I get it. Reese is a bright young actress - she sang in the movie. I love her, I really do. But Felicity was robbed. She played a pre-op tranny! Um, that's awesome. But I still love Reese. I guess it's a good night for the Witherspoon/Phillippe household. I still love you Felicity!






And the biggest robbery that took place tonight was Dolly Parton LOSING to whoever those people were she lost to. 3-6 Mafia? Something. I mean, seriously. There really aren't words. Which actually describes that song and their acceptance speech. No words. Mumble Mumble Mumble. I mean, pimp. Dolly, you just carry your ass right back to Tennessee and tell that Academy to eat it. You were robbed girl. I mean, ugh. I just...I just have no words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?