Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Working Late

I worked until 10pm tonight. Which is nothing new really...sometimes when I come home at night, I'll log into my computer and do some work just to catch up. But tonight I actually had to do work in the office because I was having to save stuff on the shared drive at work. It sucked. Then I got to thinking about how hot it would be to have someone come over to my office and us have sex on my desk or something. Then I thought about how awful I'd look naked under those horrendous flourescent lights in the office and immediately dismissed that idea. I then proceeded to CVS near the metro where I work and as soon as I walked in, realized what I was doing and how I had decided to boycott them because they are ignorant...so I pivoted around and waltzed right back out. But not before I saw that the line was in fact at least five people deep...at 10pm. Stupid.

The metro was actually really busy which surprised and annoyed me. And my train had no one cute to look at, which was annoying. So I listened to the iPod and stared down the two deaf Swedish girls who were signing to each other. I knew they were Swedish because well they looked Swedish and they had two magazines that were Swedish. I was really amazed by how such subtle hand movements that look more like someone who is just speaking in a really animated way than actually saying something with their hands can really be a conversation. It's really very cool and it makes me wish I could sign. Well other than "whatever mother fucker, you can go to hell." Which sadly is the only thing I can say in ASL. Um, I also thought to myself while walking home from the metro with a good song playing on the iPod that sometimes when listening to a song while walking or something, you feel like you're in a movie and the song in the background is part of the soundtrack.

Okay so that was Carrie's day. Nothing exciting.

Oh and if you expect me to wish any of you a happy whatever tomorrow is, don't hold your breath. And god help anyone who thinks of saying it to me tomorrow. Yes, I'm bitter, and I don't give a damn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Henry said...

i'm with ya :) just another day.

8:10 AM  
Blogger d-town said...

i associate sign language with church, since the one that i went to as a kid had a deaf ministry. we all learned a little bit of sign language, but it was all jesus-centric. i think the only sign language i still know is "jesus" and "bible" (which is literally signed as "jesus book"). it cracks me up that you sign "jesus" by pointing to where nail holes would be in your hands.

i totally do the "soundtrack" thing, too. in fact, i have a couple of "runway" songs. and by runway, i mean an actual runway, not 17th Street.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?