Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekend Moments

Miranda Moment: At some point this weekend, I became really depressed and thought to myself that I had really been betrayed by the ex and that I need to snap the f*** out of this funk and realize that he's just as much to blame for the demise of our relationship as I am and that I refuse to any longer accept that everything was my fault. The only difference is that I can accept my faults and wrongdoings and know that I contributed to a lot, but I do not accept that it did not work because of me. I was willing to do more to make it work than he was. Men suck and I'm over them.

Charlotte Moment: I had a few moments this weekend where I really started to think that things happen for a reason. I tend to really resist and discount this type of thinking because I have always accepted the idea that we create our own future, we manage our own lives...there is NO invisible hand out there guiding the events of our lives in any particular direction. But this weekend I guess I had been feeling a bit down and when you're down and you don't think things are going to get better and you can't really answer all the questions that you have about what you're doing with you life, you just begin to accept an idea that fate is guiding your life and that there is something better out there for you. In the end, I still think we have to be proactive about finding and getting what we want in life. If you sit back and wait for it, it may never come to you. Eternal optimism, while it served its purpose in my Charlotte moment of the weekend, isn't my typical way of thinking.

Samantha Moment: And for my favorite moment of the weekend...Saturday night...drinks were had, dancing was done and Carrie wanted much more fun. She and a good friend and another gentleman...let's call him Will just for the sake of giving him a name...went back to friend's place for more drinks. Friend went to bed. Will and I found other ways to occupy our time. As Samantha would say, "I will not be judged by you OR by society!"

Carrie Moment: When am I not having a Carrie moment? I'm always fabulous.

Oh yeah, go Steelers. Or whatever.

Also - new favorite song: Jason Mraz' "Life is Wonderful"
It's takes no time to fall in love...
but it takes you years to know what love is
and it takes some fears to make you trust
and it takes those tears to make it rust
it takes the dust to have it polished.

10 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Taylor - you naughty boy. A lady never talks about such things. And honestly, men only suck in the first way you mentioned. :/ Some girls just can't get any satisfaction.

Dale - alcohol is a gift from the baby Jesus. To waste it or to reject it makes baby Jesus cry.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Roar Savage said...

LOL. I'm a huge fan of the Miranda moments. (They're so empowering!) Men don't just suck, cuz it's more pathetic than that. They're tools. I sometimes just feel bad for them. Until they piss me off again.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What, no Miranda moment? Nobody loves a redhead. ;)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Nevermind; I'm an idiot with poor reading skills. ;)

5:30 PM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

At least you're pretty.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

True. ;)

(hee)

6:54 PM  
Blogger DC said...

Alcohol is definitely a gift from the baby Jesus.... Amen.

7:46 PM  
Blogger d-town said...

Hey, if that's the case, then I'm going to church twice or three times a week after all. My grandma (the Southern Baptist Nun as we call her) would be so proud.

10:51 PM  
Blogger DC said...

Darlin if you want inclusion on the next drunken outing our email addy is charmcity2k5@gmail.com ... hit us up sometime and we'll let you in on all the drunken merriment!!!

3:21 AM  
Blogger d-town said...

my email's in my blogger profile, as well as the AIM ... so no more bitching about not knowing what's happening when unless you have a way to get in touch with you, Mister Sister.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?