Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Hunt for Red October Ends

Well today was the day friends. After work I made a concerted effort to call the Russian on my way out of the office and asked if he wanted to meet me at the neighborhood Starbucks to chit chat. So after taking the metro to the 'hood and then waltzing down to Starbucks, I took my seat near the windows so I could see him coming and tried to dry the beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I'm always a bucket of sweat coming out of the metro during the winter. I hate being all bundled up but then having to climb up those damn escalators (that are never actually working) and then add onto that the fact that the temperature at Starbucks was like 105 degrees. Ugh. Luckily by the time he got there, I had chugged my Mocha Frap and was patiently pretending to be doing something on my phone when he arrived. We had both just left work so I looked like a typical DC suited dorkass mofo and he was dressed very svelt in business casual attire. We chatted for like an hour, great conversation. The accent is so cute. He looks very Russian. I'm not really sure what that means but when I look at him, I think he definitely looks Russian. In any case, it's not a bad thing. We walked back towards our buildings (since we do live next door to each other) and he said to let him know what I'm doing this weekend.

So anyway. There you go. The Cold War is over. We'll see if this era of Detente lasts and prospers to the point where the Americans are "in bed" with the Russians. Holla.

1 Comments:

Blogger Namaste said...

Holla.

You've come a long way, Baby!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?