Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ghost of Relationships Past

It's funny, ya know, how we keep old things laying around that remind us of past relationships. Old photos that you can't seem to take out of the frame. A shirt that is obviously not yours hanging in the closet that you just won't throw out or return. A stuffed animal that you were given that still has a place on your bed. How long does it take before you can let go of those things? It seems silly to keep things around that serve no other purpose but to remind you that you loved and were loved and aren't anymore.

It's like someone very smart once said, "When a relationship dies, do we ever really give up the ghost? Or are we forever haunted by the spirits of relationships past?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It depends on what terms the relationship ended. Are there any lingering feelings of guilt over what was said/done...or not said/done?

6:19 AM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Plenty. There are plenty of things I regret, wish had happened differently. Plenty of times I have fallen asleep praying to wake up with a chance to do it over again. I at least feel like I made it clear, very clear what I was regretful for, granted, to not much avail. I didn't end things so there are plenty of regrets. Plenty.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?