Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend Recap

Well I spent the great majority of this weekend intoxicated, including last night which has made for a rather unfortunate day at work. Overall the weekend was good. Friday was spent drinking at a bar with friends. Saturday was a birthday party that was fun and then a very unfortunate trip to Nation for the very final Madonnarama, as that dump will be torn down in a few months. In my seven years here in DC, I have graced that establishment very few times. I guess when I first moved to DC and Cobalt was not open, I went there more often because other than Badlands, there really was nowhere else to go dance. Since Cobalt opened, I haven't been back there except to go to Madonnarama, which anyone will tell you is the only respectable night to be seen there.

Well, this particular trip was hellish. We arrived at approximately 11:30pm, which for Nation, is relatively early since the main dance floor does not open until midnight. There was a line waiting to get in at least two blocks long. After half an hour of waiting in line with about 30 people from the party we had attended, a good friend loses his lunch, I was yelled at for trying to piss behind a dumpster and we were yelled at by several passing vehicles where I believe "faggot" was the only audible word. This did not bode well for the rest of the evening. So we finally get into Nation and I immediately go to the bathroom where I had to wait in line 20 minutes to piss. There were three open toilets. THREE. For about 1,000 people. Then as I returned people were filing into the main dance floor and we decided to get drinks. Half an hour later, still in line for drinks. Finally we determined that this was not going to work and four of us left. We attempted to go to WET (the local gay dick bar) and were shocked to find that it was called Genesis and dick was not on the menu.

We got into a cab and headed to old reliable Cobalt. Cobalt was a ghost town. Why? Because every mary in this city was at Nation waiting in line for drinks or to piss. We made the best of it and I had a nice refreshing cocktail. Then I saw the whore that was screwing my ex before we broke up. I then realized that this night was going nowhere and ended my evening at McDonalds shoveling fries in my mouth. I passed out with contacts still in.

Sunday I had every intention of staying in. I felt bad for ditching my friend Saturday for his birthday (not that he recalled that I had left as he was bombed) and so I met him and a few others out at JRs for a few nice drinks. Two bars later, it was midnight and I was hammered and we were totally hitting on some police officers who were in town for Police Week.

I have to figure out whether blowing $250 going out, staying either drunk or hungover all weekend is a productive use of my time. I'm guessing no, but honestly I can't come up with anything better to do.

Also, I was invited to Fire Island for July 4th. Hm. I'm nervous about Fire Island. I hate gay beaches. I rarely go to Rehoboth. I'd imagine Fire Island is like Rehoboth...but worse. In any case, if I decide to go, I will be on the Nicole Richie diet until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?