Tuesday, January 23, 2007

An Apple a Day

I hate going to the doctor. If I get sick, I have to be very sick to go or basically think I'm going to die. Well as of late I've been having back issues and was a bit concerned and then noticed that I had a suspicious mole, so I said to myself that this is not something to mess around with so I made an appointment at my doctor's office for this morning.

So I go in for that and then start moaning about all my other issues since I figured while I was there I'd tell him every ache I have had lately. Well turns out the moles, yes he found another mole in addition to the one I knew about, both look suspicious so he referred me to a dermatologist to have that looked at. Then he reminded me, as he always does, that I have not had a physical since Olivia Newton-John was asking us all to get physical and he said I also needed to come in and get a vaccination for Hepatitis A and B, which evidently I have never had. It seems at 28 years old, I just miss the mark where those vaccinations were standardized for all children. So rather than let me leave, he said, let's go ahead and get your first round of shots started. Oh yeah, and draw some blood since your iron levels were low the last time you were in. So today I go in for a little back pain and end up with skin cancer, shots in both arms and a gallon of blood drawn. Okay, so not a gallon but still. I hate needles. Not cute. I was poked three ways from Sunday and not in that oh so pleasant way we all love.

Then I call the dermatologist. The next available appointment? February 28th. Um, hello. If I were to, God forbid, have skin cancer, is it wise to make me wait a month to come in and have it checked? Rude. I hate doctors.

Good news is after my six months worth of shots, none of you trashy gay boys can give me Hep A or B! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Actions and Consequences said...

Rim away!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Matthew Henry said...

oh yes, the dermotologist...i went in to see my doctor because i had a lump just below my ear...this was years ago...and he referred me to a dermotologist...who couldn't see me for TWO MONTHS!!!! what is wrong with people that so many of them need to see the dermotologist!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Rim away? That's dirty. I don't do those things...I'm a lady.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.3dcq.com

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

display the affections of the heart and remember to be or be in or be without or send some reason of being and you left. you sit here and erase or create or erase or create and is there any justice to justice. is there any possible way in some ear within your heart you could love even a part of me. even a small symbiotic morsel of something. and you left with your girlfriend going somewhere sometime. love is something that ruminating and mostly consequential and why does it bleed this much with you not here. why does it ache and break and form scars around some missing apathetic tinge of monotony. do you know how much you meant? do you know how much one lesson of leaving and one symptom of emptiness crushes itself.

12:28 AM  
Blogger d-town said...

first off, who is that crackhead?

i am a regular dermatologist-goer, and i can attest that getting in the door is the hardest part. once you're in, you're in. follow-up appointments are much easier. even still, when i knew i was switching health insurance in '07 i called and made an appointment at a new dermatologist in november for mid-january.

don't be too hard on doctors, they can give you a nerve pill which makes all the difference.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?