Friday, April 21, 2006

Not Ready To Make Nice

I just downloaded the new Dixie Chicks song from iTunes. It's called "Not Ready to Make Nice" and it all about the drama that came after Natalie, the lead singer, made disparaging remarks about Bush while performing in London. Well making disparaging remarks about Bush is commonplace these days, but evidently the backlash was insane for her comments. Personally I think it's all bullshit that anyone got so upset over her saying that she was ashamed he was from Texas. So this song talks about everything that came with her comments. I loved the Dixie Chicks before and still love 'em.

Chorus:

I'm not ready to make nice
I'm not ready to back down
I'm still mad as hell
and I don't have time to go round and round and round...
It's too late to make it right,
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cuz I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should...


Hells yeah Natalie. Fuck 'em.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

I read an article about this in Entertainment Weekly. Apparently EW talked to several Nashville music industry types who roundly agreed this album is one of their best and that there are 4 or 5 guaranteed hits on it. NONE of those hits are this single - they just believed in their message so much they wanted to lead with it. Go girls!

3:51 PM  
Blogger RetroDragon said...

Preach, Natalie. Amen.

6:52 PM  
Blogger JP said...

Being a Texan really used to be something you'd be proud to say. There's was an acutal pride behind it...Now...well not so much...So glad those girl's ain't back'n down. That's really what being a Texan is all about.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?