Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring Has Arrived!

I know that now Spring is here and is here to stay. It is now that time of the year where when I sit at work towards the end of the day, having that debate I have every single day about whether I need to go to the gym or not and is there any excuse I can come up with that would allow me to skip the gym and not feel guilty about it. Well now that spring is here, that excuse has been happy hour. All it takes is one friend to email asking if drinks are in order and I begin to mentally dismiss the idea of going to the gym.

Yesterday I did just this and met up with my crew for some nice springtime drinks out on the patio of our usual watering hole, while glaring at all the hotness that worked its way down 17th Street. And in the springtime, honey, there's plenty to see. As it got dark, we headed over to a nearby bar to have another cocktail or two and there I met Dale for the first time. While Dale may have some unfortunate misconceptions about the merits of the Commonwealth of Virginia, it was enjoyable to finally meet him in person. This girl was also there as well as this lady.

I ended the evening in the back of a cab slurring my address and found myself at home, eating leftovers and passing out on the couch.

Spring is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernie said...

I am so disappointed that you don't remember meeting me when you met the lovely Dale! Perhaps you were too consumed supressing the desire to claw his eyes out for all his VA comments. At least that better be the reason you forgot me!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?