Wednesday, April 05, 2006

American Idolatry: Live Blogging

Update: Bye Bye Mandisa! It was a good run but honestly I have to agree with America. I do think Paris and Bucky overall should have gone home before you. But after last night, I'm not surprised. Oh and next time you want to rip on peoples' lifestyles and what not just remember, faggots watch this show and some vote. Quite often. My lifestyle might be big, but honey my phone bill is bigger.


Kenny Rogers? I'm sorry, Kenny Rogers? Tonight's episode is going to S-U-C-K. I mean are they going to sing Kenny Rogers only or other music? Okay, maybe not. Just country genre. Maybe he's just tutoring them or something. Phew.

Taylor: Love this song...this is such an I'm drunk in a bar and everyone there knows the words to this when the guy playing the guitar in the corner starts singing it song. Taylor has been growing on me the last few weeks. I think he's very talented. Again, not sure I'd buy his CD, but I think he has done well. I did not however like this rendition. I've heard better singing from drunk sluts at the bar.

Uh, what the shit does Randy Jackson have on? That vest in no way should be worn ever...much less with a shirt that it in no way matches. Two seconds in, Paula is clearly drunk. Simon has a shitty haircut. Oh and Ryan Seacrest...gay. Gay. GAY!

Mandiva: Um, what the fuck are you wearing? And why are you singing this? No, this is AWFUL. I'm shocked. I thought even she would find one song country that she could belt out but this is not good. I am not well with this.

Did Ryan just call Paula a drunk? Bout time someone brought it up. It was beginning to be the giant elephant in the room.

Elliott: Why is it he's my favorite, but I cannot tolerate looking at him. Those teeth. I love this song though and I think he did a good job. Better than the two preceding him. The only thing I didn't like was he does this weird falsetto thing where his voice quivers, which can be a good thing, but I think he does it too much. Otherwise, I think he's the bee's knees. Paula says there are so many thing she adores about him. Um, I can think of one clearly. Slut. Slur on Slurtina. Drunk slut.

Paris: Ugh, here comes that little shit. She used to be my favorite back in the audition days. Not anymore. I will say the hair is a major improvement over last week. I like her doing this much better than Beyonce. That's about all I have to say. It didn't suck, but it was not good really either. At least she didn't look like a troll tonight. Well not totally like a troll. I love that the judges tore her down. Tear her down! Simon thought it was good?!!?!?? No way. Now I'm wondering if Paula is actually drunk?

Ace: He is singing Keith Urban's "Tonight I Wanna Cry" which is seriously one of my fav songs right now. He better not fuck this up. And if he does, he will so be sticking me anyway. He is sooooooo boy bandalicious. I think he's doing okay with this song, though not sure if you can sing how challenging of a song it is. I know I sound good singing it in my shower. In any case, he's so idol fucking me right now I can't stand it. Oh and the spoon guy I've mentioned before knows Ace. I'm one step closer to having him stick me. Granted there's about 1,256,256 more steps to go. Paula just totally slurred. She's definitely drunk. Ryan just said he is officially single??? Um, isn't he dating that Essence girl from that show on that channel no one watches? I'll have to call spoon boy and find out the deal.

Kellie: Ryan just called that bitch out for being fake. And what does she do, says, no I'm not fake...just really fucking stupid. Good job Kellie. OH SHE IS NOT SINGING REBA MCENTIRE!?!? Fancy is the best song ever! EVER! I have seen Reba in concert twice and this is my fav Reba song. She better WORK THIS SHIT. Obviously they had to chop this song up since it's like six minutes long. I do think this is the best song choice for her since it's all about poor white trash slut who becomes a hooker to make money. Sounds a little approps to me. She did okay I guess. I mean I can't expect her to be Reba.

Chris: Ugh, I'm not sure what's going on here. He is just blah to me. Like, I can't even decide if I like him or hate him, so I just kinda wish he'd go away. I think he's talented, but he should have done that INXS show instead of American Idol. This is just not his element. I guess tonight was his way of going soft so that people don't think he's not mainstream. I think tomorrow I will have forgotten his performance. I'm glad that's two Keith Urban songs, but it was boring. Simon is right, it is boring. Boring. Oh and he just held up seven fingers to let us all know that his number is 7. Thanks Chris! The giant 7 below your big head wasn't obvious enough.

Katharine: Okay, I'm actually kinda digging this. It's different. And she picked a good song that shows off her voice. I hope this keeps her in another week. She is also growing on me. I'd take her over Paris, that's for sure. Yeah, I liked it. That might actually be my favorite tonight. Paula so wants to muffdive on that one!

Bucky: I forgot he was still in this. He might do well tonight though since he's a giant neck from NC. I see what Kenny was saying. I have no idea what he is singing. I do know this song so I know the words, but he isn't enunciating them very well. Though I do think he's actually singing in tune and it's not terrible. Definitely not the worst tonight. It surprises me how many country folks get on this show. Do they not know that there's a country version of this show? Nashville Star or something with Wynonna Judd as the host. I loved Carrie Underwood and was so happy that she did a country CD b/c that's what she is. So maybe country folks can do well on this show. In any case, I can't see him in the top five.

Okay so my top pick tonight: Katharine McPhee

Top 3: Elliott, Katharine and I don't know, Kellie or Ace.

Bottom 3 this week: Mandisa, Paris and Taylor (only cuz everyone else was good)

I think Katharine and/or Ace will still be in the bottom 3 which tonight is totally BS, but I just think they are struggling to stay in this. It would not surprise me at all if Katharine gets booted, though I think she was the best tonight.

Most Needed to Stick Me: Ace (I think its safe to say he'll be taking this home every week).

3 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

i actually watched AI a little tonight b/c it was on the TVs at juniors while i was there.

randy jackson looked like anacostia santa claus. ryan needs to shave that shit off. simon needs some product in his hair. paula, well, honey, take it easy on those quaaludes.

i love how ryan talks shit about people during the whole show.

2:31 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Not sure how Playaz Ball will feel about your dislike of Kenny...

He does have one fabulous song in my all-time favourites list: Lady. That's good shit.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Well I mean, don't get me wrong, classic Kenny is okay. But seriously, he's ancient. And not hot. Though Islands in the Stream with Dolly is a gay fave.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?