Wednesday, March 29, 2006

American Idolatry

Okay here we go:

Lisa: Yes honey, you will be going home this week. That sucked.

Kellie: Love you but that song sucked.

Ace: While that song choice sucked in a major way - so do I so call me sometime.

Yep, Ryan Seacrest...still gay.

Taylor: Two notes in and already the best performance so far tonight. Randy has a giant stick up his ass tonight. Taylor was good. He wanted soul, and that was soul. Get over it. Finally Paula says something that makes sense. Had to happen sometime. Simon is dead on on the vocal performance, but that outfit is NOT Clay Aiken. For starters, he still has it on and doesn't have a cock in his mouth.

Mandiva: Drop the God shit please. We get what the song is about - and this ain't church. Seriously. Other than that, she's still tearing that stage up. If she doesn't win or at least make the top two I'll be SHOCKED. I do have to agree with Simon - it's as if, oh I know how to sing this and can't nobody touch me. Pick a challenging song that you don't sing in church all the time.

Chris: Yeah get up and there and pretend like you didn't think anyone would catch on that last week's song was a Live ripoff. Ugh and Creed? *puke* Hate Creed, hate this song. If he does the Scott thing where he throws his arms out like he's hanging on a cross, I'll puke. Seriously. I'll throw up right here on this coffee table. To me that song was nothing but yelling. I'd rather watch GWAR perform. And Randy liked THAT song???? Ugh. Screw you Randy. Shut up Paula you two cent hooker. I have to agree with Simon as well. The people who listen to Creed don't watch AI. And won't appreciate the performance. I mean I know he wants to do rock, but how many rockers have won? And of all Creed songs, that one is NOT the one most people would think of when they think of Creed.

Katharine: This song is too high for her. I hate it already. Drop an octave honey and hire a new stylist. First let me say, Christina is the queen, she is my girl. And she would have hated that. I really don't get how they liked that version. UGH. They are NUTS. That song was NOTHING near what Christina did. I hate them all now.

Damn tonight SUCKS.

Bucky: Ugh. He just reminds me of everyone I went to high school with. I do not like him and I hate this song, but sadly I think he's doing the best so far for the song he selected. I think all this will do is seal Lisa's fate. She is definitely going home.

Paris: Ohhhhh Lord. Beyonce? Ugh. One big headed bitch doing another big headed bitch's song. Without the slutty clothes...oh and talent. I hate this. And where did she get that Dixie Chick wig? Try shaking that ass honey, but I'd rather hear you actually sing than just mumble and sing up and down and up and down. I thought that was crap. But the judges will all blow smoke up her ass. Best performance? Bullshit. God bless you Simon. A little girl pretending to be Beyonce. Yes ma'am! He is SO right.

Elliott: Okay Elliott has been my favorite overall, so let's see how he does. Okay yeah, I think he's my favorite so far tonight. I just like him. Not sure why. He's not cute. But I just think he's good. I just hope he goes and gets those teeth fixed. I like how Simon makes Paula sit down. Finally I agree with Randy tonight.

Okay yeah - favorite pick for me is Elliott, again. Mandiva I think was good but a bit out there.

Ace still wins for who should be poking me on a regular basis.

That is all!

3 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

is it wrong that even know i know that ryan secrest is plastic and fake, i have always had a crush on him. he's so cute and well manicured.

it galls me that he is our age and is that successful. of course he was doing drive time DJ-ing on Atlanta's top 40 station when he was in high school, so he got a head start.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Matthew Henry said...

Creed, in their later years, were totally Adult Top 40. they were a huge crossover band, you could hear their songs on Adult contemporary, rock, alt-rock, and pop radio stations. a good chunk of their audience watches american idol despite what simon says.

and because they were such a crossover band, i've always thought that anyone in the punk/rock genre looked at creed as big uncool sellouts led by one big ego in Scott Stapp...creed was just another pearl jam sounding clone.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

I agree, which is why I'm surprised he picked a less contemporary Creed song. I guess I should say IF Creed actually still had an audience, they would not be watching AI. They were sellouts. And Pearl Jam (my fav rock band of all time) knockoffs with half the talent and twice the ego.

Either way that Chris dude loses major points for performing Creed, performing a less mainstream Creed song and for trying to rip off Live from the previous week. He's on my shit list now.

I do like how they are talking about this in terms of the type of album bitches would make if they won so to remind the audience, just because they sing well, would you buy their album if this is the type of album they would make? Ruben is a perfect example I think. Great singer, but I would never buy his album and therefore never voted for him.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?