Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekend Roundup

I have been terrible at posting anything on here. Although from the looks of it, no one is reading this crap anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter too much! I have noticed a general decline in not only comments on my blog but on other blogs as well. I think warmer weather, or at least promises of warmer weather, are making people very thirsty...so rather than sit at home reading blogs, they are out boozing it up.

Speaking of boozing it up, that's exactly what I did all weekend. Friday night, having stayed home the night before and feeling quite refreshed, I put on my finest outfit and headed out to meet friends for drinks. I got home at 4am. Anything in between my departure from home and my clumsy arrival back home at 4am is a blur. I take no responsibility for any actions taken during that time.

Saturday was a day of rest. I found myself laid out on my sofa watching television until about 9pm. I finally threw myself into the shower and then headed over to my friends apartment where we proceeded to drink our way through several bottles of liquor and about five packs of cigarettes while watching some kickass movies. Honestly, it was one of the best nights I've had in a while. Normally I would feel like I was missing something by not being out in a bar getting ignored by everyone. Not Saturday. I think drinks at home with good friends is the way forward. It's certainly kinder on my wallet.

Sunday I went to brunch with friends and we watched the GMU v. UConn game while again getting drunk. I can honestly say that I got into the game (at least the last 10 minutes). My lesson from Sunday's festivities: don't shop at Whole Foods when drunk. It's not cute. It's always SO crowded in there and when I'm drunk...in the daylight...it's not pretty. I apologize to any innocent bystanders who may have been drunkenly slurred at because they were taking too long to pick out a cheese wedge.

Sopranos was really good last night. I kind of like how it's turning in this really comical, existential direction. It's a bit Six Feet Under, but still, I think it's good so far this season.

Oh yeah, and in recent developments, I have been corresponding with someone, let's call him SD for now. I have never met SD in person. However, I am in love. Which is absurd. I'm not REALLY in love of course. Just quite smitten. He's beyond cute and we email all day. Is it weird to like someone you haven't met? In any case, he isn't exactly local, so not sure if there will be a meeting, at least any time soon. Anyway, getting an email from him brightens my day. So for now that is enough.

Hope everyone's weekend was swell. And full of liquor.

2 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

after being told by two friends at juniors to go home on sunday, i stumbled into whole foods myself at 7:30-ish to get a plateful from the buffet. they probably didn't notice you because all the attention was diverted to that tall clumsy drunk southerner over by the chicken wings.

2:00 PM  
Blogger d-town said...

house parties and nights in with a few friends are way underrated. you can wear what you want, mix your own drinks, it costs a lot less, and you can pick out your own music/movies. great way to mix it up.

yeah, i started drinking around 6 or 7 on saturday and with the exception of sleep that night, i drank nonstop until 7 the following night. talk about MESSY. won't be doing that again for a while since i still feel iffy.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?