Friday, March 31, 2006

Murrland v. the Vag




Okay so Dale over at Gays of our Lives is trying to argue that Maryland is a better state than Virginia. I am a native Virginian and as one, can completely understand why some aspects of the Commonwealth to the South of DC make it not the most appealing place on earth to live. Pretty much anywhere other than Northern Virginia or Charlottesville sucks ass. It is a very pretty state physically but some of the people are backwards in their thinking and well they like to hunt. This is the part of VA where I grew up. And frankly I'd never live there again. I have also lived in Northern Va and while suburban sprawl makes me nauseated, it's no worse than the suburban parts of MD. What I do think makes the Vag (as those pesky Marylanders call Virginia) much better is the fact that Virginia isn't so damn ugly. Maryland, other than the bay and frankly you can't argue that point since Virginia is also on the bay, is an ugly state. I hate driving through there to go to somewhere interesting. Now not as much as I hate driving through New Jersey, but honestly we can all admit New Jersey sucks more than Virginia or Maryland.

Virginia has mountains. Much prettier than anything you'd see in Maryland. Virginia has better schools and a broader array of options for colleges than Maryland. UMD might be good at basketball, but the University of Virginia it is not. Oh yeah and Virginia also has that William and Mary school. I hear that's an okay place to go. You can ski in Virginia. You can hike. You can go to the ocean, boat on the bay, or do any of those outside activities people seem fond of. None of that is for me, but hey, it's something they do there.

While Virginia, especially Northern Virginia, as much worse traffic than any of its neighbors, it's because the alternative is Prince Georges County or Montgomery. Don't get me started on these two hellholes. I'd take Alexandria, Arlington or even Fairfax Counties over anything bordering DC in Maryland. Prince Georges alone is enough to knock Maryland right out of any competition with the Vag. Straight up. Bethesda is cute, I'll admit it, but overpriced. Thanks, if I'm going to pay that much I'm going to live in the Dickstricks and say a big fuck you to Virginia and Maryland.

All in all, Dale, you are sadly mistaken if you think the "Free" state (as in free to get your ass shot in PG County) is better than the Old Dominion, think again. It's like I told him, I said, Maryland has crabs. And there ain't nothing fun about having crabs.

I still love you though Dale. And you know as well as I do nothing beats living in the Dickstricks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Henry said...

maryland also has the worst drivers on the road. i hate them.

12:38 AM  
Blogger DC said...

DC does trump both the dirty vag and Md, although old bay alone makes MD better... and it's just a spice.

5:11 PM  
Blogger RetroDragon said...

"(as in free to get your ass shot in PG County)" made me laugh out loud. Many thanks, because I definitely need that this morning.

2:31 PM  
Blogger d-town said...

i certainly won't join in this fight, since i am from the the most delicate flower of all the states ... the palmetto state of south carolina. sure we have our problems, but our food, our men, our style, our state pride, our beaches, our proclivity for daytime drinking, and our charm far outweigh the bad.

we just have to "gay it up" a little more before i'm willing to head back.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?