Thursday, May 04, 2006

Catfights & Caviar

As most gay men I know and as a child of the 80s, I grew up watching one of the best television shows in TV history! This week, an eagerly anticipated event aired on CBS. Dynasty Reunion: Catfights and Caviar.



Yes people. For one spectacular night, we were able to see Krystle and Alexis share the screen once again. Unfortunately they did not reenact their infamous lily pond scene, as had been rumored. Nor did Alexis tell Krystle that she could not wait for the day she would leave that mansion with the same two plastic suitcases she showed up with. While the entire cast, except for Joan Collins, looks wrecked, it was so great to see them all again. Though I wouldn't have known Linda Evans was the same woman with that face. Those lips are HEINOUS. Why Heather Oxenburg was there though, I have no clue. Her character was totally annoying. But I guess she's an attention whore and volunteered to do it. They probably didn't even have to pay her. Pamela Sue Martin, the original Fallon, is NOT doing so hot. Nor is Al Corley, the original Steven, though I thought he was fug 25 years ago. The second Steven was way hotter. He appeared briefly in the reunion and though he's a bit rough around the edges after 25 years, I'd still totally let him stick me.

In summary, it was the most important television event this year and I hope everyone saw it. If not, I have it Tivoed along with about 3 weeks of saved up reruns of Dynasty. If you didn't know, it airs on Soap Network at 2pm every weekday. Thank you season pass. I've seen most of the episodes again thanks to Soap Network and still love this show.

If you missed it, you're a loser.

3 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

i hate that i don't have oxygen, because i love me some campus ladies. tivo me a couple of shows if you find them, will ya? MWAH.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi CB:
I was forced to watch Dynasty in the 80's during college because my roommates were into it. Wasn't there a guy from Muldavia or something (Vulvavia, Snatch-vavia, whatever!) I complained like hell for having to watch it and then of course I was hooked. Didn't catch the reunion though!
V of F (Loser)

2:42 AM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Yes, Amanda Carrington was forced to marry him and at the end of the wedding, rebel forces came in, shot everyone and the seasons ends with everyone laid out in the church floor and you have no clue who is dead and who isn't.

In any case, I was like seven when Dynasty was in its prime and it was the one night of the week my mom let me stay up late to watch.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?