Monday, July 24, 2006

A first date...

Last night I had my first date since the ex. I decided it was time to get off my ass and put myself out there. I'm not getting any younger. And I'm lonely. So last night, I enjoyed the company of a very nice man. We went and saw a movie.

The movie was okay. Not as good as some of M. Night Shyamalan's other movies, but it was not completely terrible to sit through. The company however was definitely fantastic. I was very nervous, it was sort of a blind date. Halfway through the movie, our arms were sharing the armrest and we'd take turns pushing them closer to each other until they were resting side by side. Then I felt his finger lightly brush my hand. Shortly after, we were holding hands. I have absolutely no qualms about holding hands when on a date with someone, even if we are gay and people might stare. By the end of the movie we were both leaning towards each other, heads just a few inches apart, his arm looped around my arm and him holding my hand. It has been a long time since I've felt the thrill of such attention. I was like a teenager.

After the movie we went for a walk. Then we realized the Metro was no longer running. So I invited him back to my place so we could call a cab for him. Clearly we could have just waited for one to pass, but I knew I wanted to kiss him and while I may not have qualms about holding hands in the theater, I'm not about to make out with him on the street corner like some hooker. So back to my apartment we went.

I'll save the lurid details of the events that occurred after. Needless to say we got a bit fresh for a first date. And we had talked about not getting fresh because I guess we both were worried that it might screw things up and clearly we both were interested in pursuing this further. He told me that I was "sexy as hell" (clearly he's a genius). He even made a comment at the movies about how we should go see another movie another time. I ended up driving him home, we shared a good night kiss and hopefully we'll see each other again this week.

He's a fantastic guy. He's brilliant and handsome. The conversation flowed well and he was definitely easy to talk to. He's the perfect height and while a bit older than I am, is someone I could certainly see myself dating. I still have time to pick him apart and figure out what's wrong with him. :) In the meantime, I'm going to hopefully enjoy his company a little more.

Yay for me!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooooooooooray! I'm so happy for you!

1:19 AM  
Blogger d-town said...

congrats ... hopefully some of your luck will rub off on me ... keep us posted ...

4:22 AM  
Blogger angie, party of one said...

Yay for you! Good dates are hard to come by.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Thanks you guys!

Honestly I think luck had far less to do with it than me actually just deciding to stop being a putz and asking someone out. Bull by the horns. I have no clue if this will go anywhere, but at least I'm getting my feet wet.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Older men are good for two things, living wills and making you look younger.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?