Monday, July 31, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Last night Doc and I went to see the Devil Wears Prada. It was good. It was funny. It was also predictable and mindless. That was exactly what I wanted and needed on a Sunday. Meryl Streep is hilarious. That Hathaway chick was good, but there is still something about her that irks me. I haven't figured it out yet. It might be the ginormous teeth. I did remark that movies like that make me wish I was a chick so I could run around obsessed about clothes. Wait, I'm a gay man, I kind of do that already. I'm not as much of a clothes whore as some gays I know. I never think anything looks good on me so I don't spend a fortune. I am a bit polo-obsessed. I buy the same Lacoste polos over and over in the same colors because I hate it when they fade. But all in all, I'm boring. BORING. Girls have more fun, and undoubtedly spend more money on their clothes. Undoubtedly my favorite part of the movie is how Meryl's character walks into the office every day and slams her coat and purse down on her assistant's desk and marches into her office. I would kill to have a job where I can march my stiletto wearing ass in and slam my couture on the desk and demand my scolding hot Starbucks. Actually I do that now, only no one pays any attention to me and I have to go get my own Starbucks.

After the movie (where yes, we did hold hands and snuggle again), we went to Rosa Mexicano for dinner. All in all, it was okay. I think they have nothing on Lauriol Plaza, but it wasn't bad. The one thing that really bothered me is that because the restaurant is adjacent to Verizon Center, you get some "salt of the earth" folks in what is a fantastic space. I'd honestly have pictured a dressier crowd, but you had your inevitable hockey jersey Manassas residents out for what must be to them a very expensive night out. Hell, at $12 per margarita, it was expensive even for me. But of course I didn't pay. :)

After dinner, I beat him over the head and dragged him into my den of iniquity. I am seriously in desperate like with this guy. He's leaving in a few days and will be gone for two weeks for work. It is so strange that I feel so close to someone I honestly have only known for such a short period of time. Each time I see him, I like him more. I keep waiting for that honeymoon period of excitement to wear off. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. I am trying my very best to proceed with caution and not get hurt again, telling myself over and over to relax and enjoy the ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

i still can't believe we saw anne hathaway's jugs in brokeback mountain.

i love me some prada, both meryl streep and emily the assistant.

the fashion person for SATC did all the clothes for TDWP, too. you know, the one with the bright pink hair (if you've seen her).

12:45 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

The way you feel about Anne Hathaway, is the way I feel about Adrien Grenier. He's the only reson I haven't seen it yet.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?