Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hi, I'm the ex and I'm in 8th grade.

Saturday evening, I went out with friends (the Doc had friends in town so I was on my own) and we hit our local watering hole. About 7 cocktails in, I was feeling great. It's nice to have a "friend" because when you go out, your whole demeanor changes. You feel more relaxed. I wasn't scanning the room for the cute boys who would inevitably ignore me. I was enjoying the company of my friends and for once having a good time out.

Until...

I saw him walking by with that friend I've seen him with several times. The ex walked behind me where I was standing, went about another 20 feet and stopped with this friend. My friends told me to just turn around and not even give him the time of day. Before I could do that, the guy leans in and kisses the ex and they both then turn and look right at me. I just rolled my eyes and turned around. My friends however were absolutely livid. They were in shock that someone could be so juvenile. I honestly didn't know what to say. I wasn't hurt. I wasn't really angry. I was more embarrassed that I had ever cared about someone who could be so stupid. The only solace I could take in the whole situation is the fact the friend, who I guess is more than a friend, is busted. So if he thinks making out with fug in the bar is going to get under my skin, he's incorrect. After all, he was cheating on me for months with fug and busted...does he think kissing it in front of me is going to have a bigger impact? The only impact it has is to make me wonder if I'm in fact busted and ugly since he seems to have a thing for it. Nah, he's just an asshole.

Tonight I will be having a nice movie date with Doc. Nothing like a good looking, brilliant older man to make you smile and realize how great life can be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Wow, that is immature.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?