Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More Panic!

Well not really more panic. So I logged into sitemeter because today's traffic on this blog has been incredibly high compared to most days where no one reads anything and I was surprised to see that most of the referring URLs were coming from Wonkette.

Now Wonkette is one of my favorite sites and has been for years and I typically read it every day. Well somehow yesterday, I managed to miss that they linked back to my post below over the whole text message debacle. While I'm honored that the folks over at Wonkette actually read anything on my blog since I am such huge fan of their site (and especially the lovely Miss Cox), I'm dying that it was my dumped by a text post that inspired the mention and that the editors over there think I'm "in a funk."

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Isn't that always the way?

First time I was in the Express was for a post where I railed against Visible Panty Lines.

First time I was in Wonkette was for a post about me doing bunch of beauty appointments and treatments one weekend and realizing I came out looking like Carmela Soprano (aka tacky Jersey housewife).

Neither is what I'd choose as my first step out into the greater public, that's for dang sure.

Ah, well.

8:59 PM  
Blogger JordanBaker said...

You were also in Express today, which might account for any non-wonkette extra hits you're getting. It never rains but it pours, I guess.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

I remember the Carmella Soprano post fondly. Love it.

9:37 PM  
Blogger d-town said...

yippee for you ... on both counts.

my little ol' blog hasn't made it yet that i know of ... my little ol' blog hasn't had much exciting entries, though. i have had a shout-out on dc blogs once.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

It was truly a great post though! And in this day, so many of us can relate to the text message used to convey important info. Didn't Tori Spelling learn her dad died via email?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Dennis! said...

Dude, that's impressive: Express AND Wonkette in one fell swoop. I got tagged on Wonkette a few times, and it sent my stats through the roof. (Then those readers never came back and went back to internet obscurity.) Of course, her summary of my post was kinda snarky, lending one person to comment that "Wonkette's a bitch. Seriously." which I found funny.

Every so often (when I remember) I check the paper version of the Express to see if I'm in there, because i'm just a loser that way.

3:44 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

It's amazing how many people click over from Express/Wonkette/Etc. Pretty cool!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Dennis! said...

Don't look now, but your last post was on DC Blogs too. Trifecta, baby!

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?