Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Democratic Scandal

From cnn.com:

Scandal-scarred Democrat refuses to quit key role
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi pleaded Wednesday with Rep. William Jefferson to resign from the House Ways and Means Committee days after FBI agents raided his Capitol Hill office. "With respect, I decline to do so," Jefferson responded. Jefferson is the subject of a criminal probe into allegations that he took bribes in return for using his office to facilitate business ventures in Africa.


Facilitate business ventures in Africa?

Wait, I think I knew what ventures they are referring to. I received an email once a while back from some guy in Africa. He asked me for money to help him get a cousin or something released. He seemed real nice referring to me as Mr. Carrie and telling me about the plight of his family. Sadly I was unable to assist him in his financial venture. I see Mr. Jefferson fell for that scam. Tsk. Tsk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?