Thursday, May 25, 2006

Oprah Winfrey 360


I TiVo Oprah everyday. Not on purpose...my roommate set a season pass when we first moved in together and he never watches it. 75% of the time, I delete them without watching them unless there is a topic I want to see her discuss. The other day she had Anderson Cooper on to discuss his new book and his family tragedies, including the death of his father at 10 and his brother's suicide in the late 80s. Oprah also had on Gloria Vanderbilt, who in case you didn't know, is Anderson's mother.

Let me preface by saying that I lust after Anderson Cooper with an intense flame of passion that to this day is still unrequited. I think he's gorgeous and of course smart and I remember watching him on Channel One in junior high and thinking, I want to be him. Now I realize I just wanted to sleep with him.

In any case, he's typically a very very private person, who never talks about his private life. It is rumored this may be because he is gay and well that can really screw up your career if people confirm it so he tends to stay private. It's actually pretty well known in NYC and in the gay community that he is gay. Not that it matters. It's not at all what he discusses and has no bearing on his job. It just makes me a little giddy to think that I'll run into him one day and he will fall madly in love with me and I'll be Mrs. Anderson Cooper.

Well Gloria Vanderbilt was also on the show. I haven't seen a recent photo of her or an interview since the 80s. It's obvious she has had quite a bit of plastic surgery. Something is wrong with her face in that it doesnt' move at all and looks like it is pulled a bit too tight. Then I went to wikipedia.org and saw that the woman was born in 1924. That makes her 82 years old. I will say that for 82, the bitch looks fierce. Even with the apparent surgery and a tight ass face, she looks damn good for her age. I had no idea that she was that old. I would have put her at maybe 70 at best.

Oprah kills me though. She kept harping on how he was "American Royalty" and how he didn't have to work but chose to and he could have done whatever he wanted but did work not many rich kids would want to do. She kept harping on the fact he didn't have to work because he's a Vanderbilt. If Oprah had done her homework, she would know that most of the Vanderbilt heirs are broke. Gloria's father was rich but nothing like the heirs and heiresses people obsess over these days. I guess Oprah is nouveau riche so I guess she doesn't realize that people with money find it in poor taste to talk about it, at least if they have any class. In any case, I'm sure Anderson rakes in more dough than his mother ever had. He's not Oprah rich, but then again, who is?

Did anyone else catch the interview?

2 Comments:

Blogger d-town said...

i remember seeing anderson several times out at the (red)chair years ago when he and i were both living in atlanta before we got the calls to come north. at the time i was like "oh i think that's the headline news 6:30am anchor, he's a silver fox." little did i know that i was in the presence of american royalty.

oprah annoys me to no end. i still have never watched her show. she probably thinks of herself as american royalty, but she's just a talk show host (albeit one that's been around for something like 17-18 yrs).

2:21 PM  
Blogger acaligurl said...

Ok, so i just got done watching my tivo oprah interview with anderson cooper. i immediately googled "gloria vanderbilt face surgey" lucky for me carrie broadshoulders blog came up!! so entertaining. it was most fun to read. anderson cooper is super fly fine! (my husband begs to differ!) anyway, can't wait to get the book. oprah interrupted a few times and she really should have let anderson finish talking.but back to gloria, oh my!!! does she really think that looks good to have two tube like lines on her face? well carrie broad, your writing is most entertaining and i cannot wait to see what else you write. i joined this blog simply so that i could write this response. oh and the missing dog is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! oh oh oh and i love the american idol stuff. guess what i bought tickets to the san jose, ca american idol tour.

ciao for now

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?